Hebrews 12:1 – “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.”
1 Thessalonians 5:17 – “Pray continually…”
We are so blessed to be surrounded by such great people who partner with us in this ministry here and support us with thoughts, prayers, and encouragement. Please pray with us concerning these things. If you would like for us to pray for you, or want to send us a note, please do not hesitate to email us at Eric.Funke@GlobalLutheranOutreach.com and Linda.Funke@GlobalLutheranOutreach.com. We will update our prayer requests each month, and more frequently if necessary.
- Thanksgiving for our big four-year-old, for our first full month with Julia, for a productive planning meeting for the deaconess community here, for the graduation of some of our students, for Amber and Austin’s safe arrival in Tanzania, for finding a house for Amber and Austin to move into in December, for safety, giggles, balloons, dancing, plants, and for all the precious little moments in our life right now.
- For no more snakes on our property or near our children.
- For our students as they prepare for end-of-year exams.
- For Amber and Austin Reed as they learn Swahili, adapt to cultural norms and miss their families.
- For better health and safety for our family, particularly for Linda as she continues to recover from parasites and side effects of antibiotics.
- For the continuing adjustment for our family, especially for energy as we try to keep up with two young kids. We particularly ask for prayers for sleep. Julia’s sleep continues to be disrupted by bouts of crying.