Board of Directors
Under the guidance of faithful managers
Global Lutheran Outreach (GLO) is governed by a group of dedicated Lutherans who voluntarily offer of their time, expertise, resources and passion for mission in order to provide faithful guidance and oversight to its ministries and missionaries. Whether meeting in person or virtually (online), the Board convenes three times a year to prayerfully guide, facilitate and further the Gospel mission objectives of GLO.
Meet our current Board members
- Mr. Edward Du Bosq, Secretary (Clermont, Florida)
- Ed Du Bosq is a retired public school teacher, who besides his service to GLO, stays active with several ministries. He volunteers as a chaplain at his local state men’s prison. He has also been active in mission work to Haiti, helping to teach Lutheran teachers there. He has taught English in China with his wife Sally, and has travelled to Nigeria as a GLO board member to observe mission work going on there and to support our missionaries. In addition, he has served conducting services at Smokey Mountains National Park in the U.S.
- Rev. Dr. David Coles (Ft. Wayne, Indiana)
- Professor Coles combines a wealth of cross-cultural experience with his academic acuity serving as a missionary and theologian in both Latin America and now Concordia Theological Seminary, Ft. Wayne. Born and raised in Venezuela of American parents, he earned degrees up to the Ph.D. at Yale Universtiy in late medieval, Renaissance and Reformation history. He entered the Lutheran church as a young adult and prepared for Hispanic ministry earning an M.Div at Concordia, Ft. Wayne. He served as an evangelistic missionary in Venezuela for 12 years, taught at the Lutheran seminary in Sao Paulo, Brazil for 5 years, and since 2002 has been at Ft. Wayne teaching seminarians and Ph.D. in missiology students from around the world.
- Rev. Dr. James Tino, Founder and Director (Santiago, Chile)
- Rev. Dr. James Tino began his missionary journey upon graduation from Concordia Theological Seminary in 1988, and has served as a missionary (Venezuela, 1988-2001; Chile, 2014 - present); a denominational mission director (2000 - 2003); and church planter (Miami, 2004-2010). As adjunct faculty, Dr. Tino has taught at several institutions in the United States, including Concordia Theological Seminary and Trinity International University, and is a guest professor at universities and seminaries overseas. He is also head of the Evangelism and Discipleship department for online education at Ohio Christian University. Dr. Tino and his family live in Santiago, Chile, where he works as an urban church planting missionary. He and his wife Liisa have four children and one granddaughter.
- Mr. Dennis Tino (Dearborn, Michigan)
- Dennis Tino graduated from General Motors Institute with a degree in mechanical engineering, and worked in the automotive industry for nearly 40 years, primarily at GM and Ford. Now retired, Dennis has always had a passion for reaching the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He has served in many ways in his local congregation, including the Board of Directors, Evangelism Board, trained Dialog Evangelism leader, Bible Study leader, among other roles. Active as a lay evangelist, he was a founding member of People of the Book Lutheran Outreach (a mission organization that reaches out to Muslims) and served as a POBLO board member for a number of years. He is currently active in International Student Ministry at Wayne State University (Detroit), and has been on several international mission teams, including Team Leader for missions to Venezuela and Nicaragua. Dennis is married to Norma, and they have five adult children and 16 grandchildren.
- Ms. Erin Mackenzie (St. Louis, Missouri)
- Erin graduated from Drury University with a degree in Spanish and minors in Business and Global Studies. She spent 3 years as an LCMS GEO (Globally Engaged in Outreach) Missionary, coordinating servant event teams at Ysleta Lutheran Mission in El Paso, TX. Erin has participated in or led numerous short-term mission trips to El Paso, TX/ Juarez, Mexico, Belize, Chile, and Joplin, MO. When she’s not exploring the world and hablando el español—too often according to her cat, Freddy—Erin enjoys reading, trying new recipes, and challenging anyone who claims they can beat her at Scrabble. She joined the Marketing & Ecommerce team at Concordia Publishing House in 2012.
- Rev. Dr. Samuel Udofia (Obot Idom, Nigeria)
- Rev. Samuel Udofia is President Emeritus of the Lutheran Church of Nigeria (LCN). His early education (including Seminary) was in Nigeria. He is also a graduate of Concordia Seminary, Springfield Illinois, and Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Samuel has served various positions in Church and in society: Evangelist; Hospital Chaplain; District Pastor; Seminary Principal; Synodical Vice President; Synod President; LCN Representative to the Lutheran World Federation (LWF); Project Commitee Chairman for LWF; Radio speaker for Lutheran Hour Ministry Nigeria. Samuel is a widely travelled Nigerian Lutheran clergyman, and has a great desire to use his wealth of experience in contributing to the Missio Dei to the glory of Jesus Christ. Samuel is married to Deaconess Grace Mfon Udofia, a French Language Teacher with zeal for mission work among Women in French speaking country. The Udofias are blessed with seven children: 5 young women, 2 young men and 9 grandchildren. WE EAT GOD'S WORD.
- Mr. Brent Friedrichs (Charter Oak, Iowa)
- Brent has extensive mission experience, having served in the Peace Corps for a number of years, and then as a lay missionary/business manager in Nigeria for 14 years. Brent is married to Eugenie, who is from South Africa, and they have two sons.
- Rev. Dale Talsma (Jos, Nigeria)
- Dale and Cheri, with their five children, had served with the Lutheran Church of Nigeria for 13 years as missionaries of the LCMS (USA) in the 1980s and 1990s. They then served in Guatemala for 7 years under the same mission, where Dale was also responsible for facilitating LCMS mission work in the Caribbean. Cheryl completed a degree in elementary education in 2011 and taught at a Lutheran school in Fort Lauderdale for three years. Dale and Cheri currently live in Nigeria. Cheryl serves as an elementary school teacher at Hillcrest school in Jos, Nigeria. Hillcrest serves the children of missionaries as well as the children of international and Nigerian families, including many non-Christians. As International Missionary Developer, Dale works to help facilitate the joining of resources from around the world in order to multiply the sending of Lutheran missionaries to where there is need.
(Global Lutheran Outreach seeks Lutheran servant-leaders from other nations who are in a position to serve global missions as board members.)